Duration: Saturdays for a period of 6 weeks.
In today’s business environment one is often expected to take on extra assignments and it is expected that these will be done well, within budget and delivered on time. This Short Learning Programme (SLP) in Project Management Fundamentals is intended to familiarise you with the most common terms and the most current thinking about projects. This programme prepares you for the SLP in Advanced Project Management Principles and Techniques which is endorsed by the Chartered Institute of Business Management (CIBM).
- The following topics will be covered in the programme:
- Describe what “projects” are and how they are becoming a part of organisational thinking
- Identify your role as project manager and the skills required of you
- Demonstrate the steps you must take to keep budgets on track
- Identify the key factors in project success
- Illustrate guidelines for building and controlling a budget
- Be more skilled at presenting ideas and asking for feedback
- Identify techniques for helping your project team work together
You are required to have knowledge, comprehension and application of the English language at NQF Level 2 / Grade 10 or equivalent.
How will I be certified on completion of this programme?
On successful completion of the programme you will be awarded a Unigrad Short Learning Programme Certificate in Project Management Fundamentals.
Contact Unigrad and speak to any student career consultant for course fee information.
Are there any additional costs?
No. Prescribed course material and assessment fees are included.
What is a Short Learning Programme?
The modern business world demands a vast variety of skills and abilities. Unigrad College offers an extensive range of short learning programmes particularly designed to address these demands by enhancing the quality of skills and knowledge available to the workplace. These short learning programmes are typically aimed at working adults, or those seeking employment and whilst they are not full qualifications, such as those appearing on the NQF and registered with SAQA, their benefit lies in their rapid and significant improvement to skill and knowledge levels of the student. This makes short learning programmes ideal for people who need to upgrade their CV’s, but do not have the time or finances to engage in a lengthy course of study.