(Endorsed by the Chartered Institute of Business Management - CIBM)
Duration: Saturdays for a period of 12 weeks
About this programme
Procurement and supply chain management involves the purchasing, storage and control of inventory such as, control of machinery, equipment, goods, raw material and other resources required by an organisation in the provision of its products and services. The procurement and supply manager plays a pivotal role in tracking consumer and buyer behaviour and negotiating and bargaining with manufacturers and suppliers to ensure that goods are readily available. This Short Learning Programme (SLP) in Procurement and Supply Chain Management will broaden your knowledge and skills in this field of study.
The following topics will be covered in the programme:
- Define purchasing management
- Purchasing function in perspective and the task of purchasing and supply management
- Understand how to manage the supply base:
- Strategic sourcing, selection and performance evaluation of suppliers
- Supply policies, strategies and supplier relationship management
- Ethical aspects, corporate governance and social responsibility in purchasing and supply management
- Study the key performance areas of purchasing and supply
- Quality management
- Cost analysis and price determination
- Inventory management and materials flow activities
- Risk management in purchasing and supply
- Consider the instruments in managing purchasing and supply
- Characteristics of negotiation
- Research techniques
- Electronic information and communication systems in purchasing and supply
- Managing purchasing and supply contracts
- Study the areas of application in purchasing and supply
- International and global trends in purchasing and supply
- Purchasing capital equipment
- Purchasing from small businesses and the purchasing of services
You are required to have knowledge, comprehension and application of the English language at NQF Level 2 / Grade 10 or equivalent.
How will I be certified on completion of this programme?
On successful completion of the programme you will be awarded a Unigrad Short Learning Programme Certificate in Procurement and Supply Chain Management (endorsed by the Chartered Institute of Business Management – CIBM).
Programme duration and structure
12 Saturday classes of face-to-face tuition presented by qualified and experienced professionals. During the course of your studies you will be required to complete formative and summative assessments. Formative assessments may include but are not limited to projects, tests, discussions and presentations. A summative assessment is the final assessment (exam), conducted at the end of the programme.
Contact Unigrad and speak to any student career consultant for course fee information.
Are there any additional costs?
No. Prescribed course material, formative and summative (final assessment) fees are included.
What is a Short Learning Programme?
The modern business world demands a vast variety of skills and abilities. Unigrad offers an extensive range of short learning programmes particularly designed to address these demands by enhancing the quality of skills and knowledge available to the workplace. These short learning programmes are typically aimed at working adults, or those seeking employment and whilst they are not full qualifications, such as those appearing on the NQF and registered with SAQA, their benefit lies in their rapid and significant improvement to skill and knowledge levels of the student. This makes short learning programmes ideal for people who need to upgrade their CV’s, but do not have the time or finances to engage in a lengthy course of study. This short learning programme is endorsed by the Chartered Institute of Business Management (CIBM).