Course duration (4 study options)
- Saturday mornings (08:30 – 12:30) for a period of 6 weeks, or
- Saturday afternoons (13:00 – 16:00)for a period of 8 weeks, or
- Monday and Wednesday evenings (17:30 – 19:30) for a period of 6 weeks, or
- 1 Week full-time (08:30 – 16:00)
About this programme
This Short Learning Programme (SLP) is intended for bookkeepers and others with knowledge of accounting concepts who want to learn to adapt and use their skills for Pastel. The course aims to enhance the student’s skills and productivity in the accounting environment by enabling the student to use the Pastel Partner accounting software. The course covers specific accounting concepts and procedures that are unique to Pastel.
The following topics will be covered in the programme:
- Installation and registration of Pastel Partner
- Understanding the Pastel “language” and navigation
- Creating and setting up a company
- Create and maintain general ledger accounts
- Create and maintain supplier and customer accounts
- Create and maintain inventory items
- Take on balances and journals
- Supplier and customer processing
- Cashbook, petty cash and journal processing
- Month-end and year-end procedures
- Demonstrate an understanding of the business and accounting environment
- Record business financial transactions
- Process receipts and payments
- Enter records in an analysed cash book for both cash and bank entries
- Check invoices received against orders and produce quotations and invoices
- Record purchase orders, debtors and creditors
- Reconcile suppliers’ statements
- Prepare bank reconciliation statements
- Computer literacy and the ability to work with a computer mouse (mouse-skills)
- Knowledge and understanding of bookkeeping up to and including the trial balance. It is highly recommended that a student complete the Short Learning Programme in Bookkeeping or the ICB subject Bookkeeping to Trial Balance, both available at Unigrad College.
Contact Unigrad and speak to any student career consultant for course fee information.
How will I be certified on completion of this programme?
On successful completion of the programme and internal assessments, students will be awarded the Unigrad College Short Learning Programme (SLP) Certificate in Pastel Accounting – Intermediate.