Online Learning | Start Anytime | Study at your own pace
About this programme
Marketing is possibly a business’s most important activity. It is the one activity that most directly affects the amount of recognition and sales that a company gets and this determines the level of profitability. Basically, if you’re marketing your business well, it will make profits and if you’re not…you could be in trouble. Even the most brilliant products and services won’t survive without marketing efforts. A business could never survive if people were not (made) aware of its existence.
The following topics will be covered in the programme:
- Marketing fundamentals
- History & definition of marketing
- Micro & macro marketing and the marketing concept
- Marketing mix and the exchange concept
- Marketing process
- The marketing environment
- Conducting a situation analysis
- Business environment
- Business analysis models
- Consumer behaviour and market research
- The importance of understanding consumer behaviour
- Factors influencing consumer buying decisions
- The consumer decision making process
- Types of consumer buying decisions
- The adoption process and adopter groups
- Marketing research – information for decision making
- The need for marketing research
- The marketing research process
- Market segmentation and target marketing
- The process of market segmentation
- Bases for segmenting consumer markets
- Strategies for selecting target markets
- Market positioning
- Marketing mix and the promotion element of the marketing mix
- Product design elements, pricing & distribution of products
- Advertising, publicity and public relations
- Direct marketing, sales promotions and personal selling
- Strategic marketing plan
- Formulating the marketing strategy
- Implementation, evaluation and control of the marketing process
- Marketing in the future
- Digital and social media marketing
- Viral marketing and marketing trends for the future
You are required to have knowledge, comprehension and application of the English language at NQF Level 2 / Grade 10 or equivalent.
How will I be certified on completion of this programme?
On successful completion of the programme you will be awarded a Unigrad Short Learning Programme Certificate in Marketing and Sales Management endorsed by the Chartered Institute of Business Management (CIBM).
Contact Unigrad and speak to any student career consultant for course fee information.
Study material and assessments
Prescribed study material and assessments are included in the programme fee.
What is a Short Learning Programme?
The modern business world demands a vast variety of skills and abilities. Unigrad offers an extensive range of short learning programmes particularly designed to address these demands by enhancing the quality of skills and knowledge available to the workplace. These short learning programmes are typically aimed at working adults, or those seeking employment and whilst they are not full qualifications, such as those appearing on the NQF and registered with SAQA, their benefit lies in their rapid and significant improvement to skill and knowledge levels of the student. This makes short learning programmes ideal for people who need to upgrade their CV’s, but do not have the time or finances to engage in a lengthy course of study. This short learning programme is endorsed by the Chartered Institute of Business Management (CIBM).