(Endorsed by the Chartered Institute of Business Management - CIBM)
Course duration (2 study options)
- 3 workshop sessions presented on Saturday afternoons (13:00 – 16:00) or
- 6 workshop sessions presented on a Monday & Wednesday evening (17:30 – 19:30)
About the programme
Have you always wanted to work in a stores environment? Are you a person with good organising abilities? Are you currently involved in logistics, or do you want to enter the field of logistics?
Storekeepers and warehouse staff perform a vital role in any business. This short learning programme will equip students with the essential skills needed for controlling and managing their organisation’s stock. Key inventory and stores management principles are taught in a practical manner, enabling students to apply their knowledge and skill in the workplace.
Career fields include: warehouse personnel, storekeeping personnel and distribution personnel.
The following topics will be covered in the programme:
- The supply chain
- Identification and coding of materials
- Stock recording systems
- Provision of materials and merchandise
- Inventory control
- Stores and warehousing premises
- Materials handling and storage equipment
- Security and maintenance of inventory
- SHE (health and safety)