About this programme
Human Resource Management (HRM, or simply HR) is the management of an organisation’s workforce. This area of management is responsible for the recruitment, selection, training, assessment, and rewarding of employees, while also overseeing organisational leadership and culture and ensuring compliance with employment and labour laws.
The National N Diploma in Human Resource Management (NDipHRM) follows a nationally set curriculum with specific focus on Personnel Management, Training and Labour Relations.
Certification on successful completion of studies
Students write national examinations set and administered by the Department of Higher Education (DHET). Successful students will achieve the following:
- National Certificate: N4 Human Resource Management (SAQA ID# 66873; NQF Level 5)
- National Certificate: N5 Human Resource Management (SAQA ID# 66953; NQF Level 5)
- National Certificate: N6 Human Resource Management (SAQA ID# 66997; NQF Level 5)
- National N Diploma: Human Resource Management (SAQA ID# 67039; NQF Level 6) on completion of N4 – N6 and 18 months or 2000 hours relevant practical experience
- Unigrad Short Learning Programme Certificate in Computer Skills
|N4 Level||N5 Level||N6 Level|
Programme duration and structure (part-time studies)
Saturday classes: Classes are held on Saturday mornings (08:30 – 12:30) or afternoons (13:00 – 17:00).
Semester 1: January / February – June
Semester 2: July – November
Students will study two subjects per semester (four subjects per N level). Once students have successfully achieved all three National Certificates in Human Resource Management (N4, N5 & N6) and have worked for 18 months or 2000 hours in a human resource management environment, they will be entitled to receive the highly respected National N Diploma: Human Resource Management.