About this programme
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) National Diploma in Technical Financial Accounting (NDipTFA) – NQF Level 5 presented at Unigrad College is an ideal study choice if you want to become a qualified Bookkeeper, Technical Financial Accountant or eventually, a Chartered Certified Accountant (CCA). ICB graduates are recognised worldwide by the International Association of Bookkeepers and Accounting Practitioners and locally by the Southern African Institute of Business Accountants, the South African Institute of Tax Practitioners, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA).
How will I benefit from studying this programme?
- On completion of this programme you will be certified as a Junior Bookkeeper, Senior Bookkeeper and a Technical Financial Accountant.
- This programme allows you to apply to the ICBA to register for the professional bookkeeping designation: CTFAIcb(SA) and receive the applicable membership benefits.
- Students can also apply to SAIT for registration as a Certified Tax Technician - CTT(SA) to receive the appropriate tax practitioner’s number, allowing them to complete monthly SARS returns (VAT201, EMP12, etc.) and income tax returns.
- The programme is under the scope of FASSET and has been aligned to the NQF.
- Graduates of this course will be accepted to further their studies towards the National Diploma: Financial Accounting NQF Level 6.
Subjects1 – 4 = National Certificate in Bookkeeping
Subjects 1 – 6 = FET Certificate in Bookkeeping
Subjects 1 – 8 = National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting
Certification on successful completion of studies
Upon successful completion of each subject, students will receive a results letter for that subject. On successful completion of all the subjects, students will receive a full transcript of results and the ICB will apply to FASSET on the student’s behalf for the National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting (NQF Level 5, SAQA ID 36213) to be awarded.
Programme duration and structure
Evening classes: Classes are held on Monday and Wednesday evenings (17:30 – 19:30).
Saturday classes: Morning classes are held from 08:30 – 12:30 or afternoon classes from 13:00 – 16:00.