(MS Windows, Word, Excel, Internet and Email)
Part-time: 15 weeks (Saturdays or Monday & Wednesday evening classes)
Full-time: 1 week
The Short Learning Programme (SLP) in Computer Skills (Introduction) is designed for students who have few or no computer skills. Upon successful completion of this programme you will have a solid foundation and understand computer components and their functions as well as have knowledge of the Microsoft Office environment.
You will learn how to operate a computer using Microsoft (introductory level):
- Microsoft Windows
- Introduction to general computer concepts
- Using the computer mouse
- Open and close programmes, change settings and organise files and folders in Windows
- Microsoft Word (MS Word)
- Formatting documents, fonts and paragraphs, insert tables and pictures and printing of documents
- Microsoft Excel (MS Excel)
- Creating, editing, formatting and closing basic spread sheets
- Perform basic calculations, setup workbook with multiple worksheets and prepare for printing
- Internet and E-mail (Using Internet Explorer and Microsoft Outlook)
- General concepts of electronic information and communication
- Use Internet Explorer to find information on the internet
- Use Microsoft Outlook to understand the concepts of e-mail
- Additional learning tasks
- How to sign up for a free e-mail account and Facebook
Lectures are presented in a fully equipped computer studio. You will spend the entire duration of the course at your own computer and receive expert and personal attention from our highly skilled facilitators.
How will I be certified on completion of this programme?
On successful completion of the programme you will be awarded a Unigrad Short Learning Programme in Computer Skills Fundamentals.
Programme duration and structure
15 Saturday morning lectures.
Contact Unigrad and speak to any student career consultant for course fee information.
Are there any additional costs?
No. Prescribed course material and assessment fees are included.
Refer to the part-time course date and fee schedule for specific course / programme starting dates.
What is a Short Learning Programme?
The modern business world demands a vast variety of skills and abilities. Unigrad offers an extensive range of short learning programmes particularly designed to address these demands by enhancing the quality of skills and knowledge available to the workplace. These short learning programmes are typically aimed at working adults, or those seeking employment and whilst they are not full qualifications, such as those appearing on the NQF and registered with SAQA, their benefit lies in their rapid and significant improvement to skill and knowledge levels of the student. This makes short learning programmes ideal for people who need to upgrade their CV’s, but do not have the time or finances to engage in a lengthy course of study.