National N Diploma in Popular Music: Studio Work
Starting: 11 February 2020
2 years of lectures presented at Unigrad College, followed by an 18 month practical component.
About this programme
This programme follows a nationally set curriculum exposing students to an intensive audio education that covers every facet of music and audio production by means of a hands-on, learn-by-doing approach. Professional and experienced lecturers will train students in the full range of audio engineering and music production skills, including recording and mixing.
This programme includes training in both classroom and hands-on studio environments, covering a wide range of audio disciplines. During the programme students will also be exposed to recording an album and how to set-up their own studio.
Certification on successful completion of studies
Students write national examinations set and administered by the Department of Higher Education (DHET). Successful students will achieve the following:
- National Certificate: Popular Music and Studio Work (N4)
- National Certificate: Popular Music and Studio Work (N5)
- National Certificate: Popular Music and Studio Work (N6)
- National Diploma: Popular Music and Studio Work (issued on completion of N4–N6 and 18 months relevant in-service training) *
- Unigrad College Short Learning Programme Certificate in Computer Skills
- Unigrad College Short Learning Programme Certificate in Digital Audio Recording
* Once students have successfully achieved all three N4 – N6 national certificates and have worked for 18 months or 2000 hours in a sound recording / sound engineering environment, they will be entitled to receive the highly respected National N Diploma in Popular Music: Studio Work.
Grade 12, or N3 or Equivalent