Starting: 15 February 2021
2 years of lectures presented at Unigrad College, followed by an 18 month practical component
About this programme
Regardless of whether an organisation operates within the private or public sector, running it efficiently involves formulating sound policies, managing resources effectively and delivering excellent service. The significant distinction between running a private sector organisation and a public organisation is that the focus of private business is on profit, whereas public sector organisations focus on the welfare of society, thereby enhancing the lives of all South African citizens.
The welfare of the country’s entire population is an enormous responsibility and it is therefore essential that everyone entering the public sector is in possession of excellent management skills.
This National N Diploma in Public Management (NDipPM) equips students with a diverse range of management skills in order to prepare them for the demands of a career in the public sector. This range of skills will allow the successful student to seek employment in government departments, parastatals and non-profit organisations.
Certification on successful completion of studies
Students write national examinations set and administered by the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET). Successful students will graduate with all of the following:
- National Certificate: N4 Public Management (SAQA ID# 66875; NQF Level 5)
- National Certificate: N5 Public Management (SAQA ID# 66955; NQF Level 5)
- National Certificate: N6 Public Management (SAQA ID# 67000; NQF Level 5)
- National N Diploma: Public Management (SAQA ID# 67041; NQF Level 6)*
- on completion of N4 – N6 and 18 months or 2000 hours at a national, provincial or local government institution.
- Unigrad Short Learning Programme in Computer Skills
* Once students have successfully achieved all three N4 – N6 national certificates and have worked for 18 months or 2000 hours in a public sector working environment, they will be entitled to receive the highly respected National N Diploma in Public Management.
|Year 1 - 2018||Year 2 - 2019|
Grade 12, or N3 or Equivalent