National N Diploma in Legal Secretary
Starting: 12 February 2019
2 years of lectures presented at Unigrad College, followed by an 18 month practical component.
About this programme
Attorneys, busy legal firms and legal departments require the services of competent legal secretaries. A legal secretary needs to have excellent administrative and secretarial skills and a working knowledge of law and legal procedures. They are also expected to be proficient in typing, office computing and have good communication skills.
On completion of this national diploma, you’ll be able to confidently display your secretarial skills, with an in-depth understanding of various aspects of South African law.
Certification on successful completion of studies
- National Certificate: Legal Secretary (N4)
- National Certificate: Legal Secretary (N5)
- National Certificate: Legal Secretary (N6)
- National Diploma: Legal Secretary (issued on completion of N4–N6 and 18 months relevant in-service training) *
- Unigrad College Short Learning Programme Certificate in Computer Skills
* Once students have successfully achieved all three N4 – N6 national certificates and have worked for 18 months or 2000 hours in a relevant environment, they will be entitled to receive the highly respected National N Diploma: Legal Secretary.
|Year 1 - 2018||Year 2 - 2019|
Grade 12, or N3 or Equivalent