National N Diploma in Art and Design
Starting: 15 March 2021
2 years of lectures presented at Unigrad College, followed by an 18 month practical component.
About this programme
This two year programme in Graphic Design presented at the Unigrad College will equip you with the knowledge and skills necessary to work in a variety of creative fields in South Africa and abroad. The programme has been designed to introduce you to the dynamic and revolutionised world of multi-media and design.
During your studies you will focus on a variety of design disciplines including web, animation and graphic design. Our small classes allow personal interaction that enables the fostering of a trusting lecturer/student relationship in an environment that promotes participation, self-discipline, motivation and excellence.
Certification on successful completion of studies
Students write national examinations set and administered by the Department of Higher Education (DHET). Successful students will achieve the following:
- National Certificate: N4 Art and Design (SAQA ID# 66831; NQF Level 5)
- National Certificate: N5 Art and Design (SAQA ID# 66915; NQF Level 5)
- National Certificate: N6 Art and Design (SAQA ID# 66994; NQF Level 5)
- National N Diploma: Art and Design (SAQA ID# 67031; NQF Level 6) on completion of N4 – N6 and 18 months or 2000 hours relevant practical experience
- Unigrad Short Learning Programme Certificate in Graphic Design Fundamentals
- Unigrad Short Learning Programme Certificate in Web Design 1 (Fundamentals)
Year 1 (N4)
YEAR 2 (N5 & N6)
DIGITAL DESIGN APPLICATIONS
GRAPHIC DESIGN I
3D DESIGN I
| GRAPHIC DESIGN II & III (including Web Design)
3D DESIGN II & III
DRAWING II & III
HISTORY OF ART I & II
National Senior Certificate (Grade 12). If you are currently in Grade 12 you apply with your final grade 11 results and the most up-to-date grade 12 results. Should you be accepted on the above you are still required to pass Grade 12. Students who do not meet this requirement may apply for special consideration for admission to be approved by the Unigrad advisory board.